Sunday, June 5, 2011

Incubation Fixation

Im working on a personal project that I guess I should mention now.

Ever since I realized just how many of my classmates were never going to become artists and I myself have a less than 30% chance of working as an artist someday, I have been thinking of ways to change that.

One sure fire way is to give students a better interface for learning their craft.
Another would be to raise awareness of obstacles. You cant get rid of the obstacles but you can be prepared to deal with them when you must face them.

There are a number of other ways I found before I decided to try and build something that can be a useful supplement to the way we learn art.

ArtMentors.tv






Before last semester this blog was that the extent of my experience with HTML. Then I took a special topics course at school called "web as art". The feeling I got making simple code do things was rewarding. However, the process of learning it was a nightmare. Loosing and hour of time while just to find out you have a simple syntax error is a blow torch on a short fuse.

If Im really going to take a shot at making this happen... Im gunna need help.


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: