Sunday, November 14, 2010

IlluXcon 2010

Just got settled in at home after going to IlluXcon. I asked the guys on WIPtv what would be a good show on the east coast to get too and sure enough they were right. I got to meet Donato Giancola. I was able to finally understand the problems I've been having using a technique he demoed in his dvd download. I saw a ton of students tags, some of whom were getting some feedback on folio's. The real treat of the day was walking up to an unattended table and seeing the most sad and homely troll you ever could imagine hanging there. I felt the adrenalin snap me back to reality when I realized this must be Jeff Laubensteins' table.

When I was right out of high school my friends got me into tabletop roleplaying. The drawings in those books are unbelievably good. Guys like Laubenstein and Ron Spencer were core drafters of their respective games. One of my priority goals is getting to do some work on these games as soon as im out of school. So, hats of to Jeff for being a great guy.

This show is going to be the subject of a paper we were given to write in painting class this semester. Ill probably post the pdf of that next week.

No comments: